Through their participation in synagogue and Jewish life, Temple Akiba Religious School provides all its students with the opportunity to strengthen their faith in God, love of Torah and identification with the Jewish people.
From kindergarten to 12th grade, Temple Akiba Religious School nurtures students and teaches them to value and practice prayer, further the causes of justice, peace and freedom, celebrate Shabbat, festivals and ceremonies, and support and participate in the life of the synagogue. Such Jews will strengthen the fabric of Jewish life and ensure the future of Judaism and our people.
Temple Akiba strives to provide our students with a Reform Jewish Education. To help guide us in this goal, the Temple Akiba Religious School follows the goals developed by the Joint Commission of Jewish Education of the Union for Reform Judaism.
The goal of Jewish Education within the Reform Movement is the deepening of Jewish experience and knowledge for all liberal Jews. We believe that Judaism contains answers to the challenges and questions confronting the human spirit, and that only a knowledgeable Jew can successfully discover these answers.
We provide a program of Jewish education, which will enable children, youth and adults to become Jews who:
- Afirm their Jewish identity and bind themselves to Am Yisrael
- Bear witness to b’rit (the covenant between God and Jews) through Mitzvot (commandments)
- Affirm their historic bond to Eretz Yisrael, the Land of Israel
- Cherish the study of Hebrew
- Value and practice tefila (prayer)
- Further the causes of justice, peace and freedom through chesed (loving-kindness)
- Celebrate Shabbat, festivals and ceremonies marking significant occasions in our lives
- Esteem their own person, families, and communities; and those of others
- Express kinship with K’lal Yisrael by actively seeking the welfare of Jews throughout the world
- Support and participate in the life of the Synagogue
- Music and Israeli dance specialists
- Family learning days
- Holiday celebrations
- Social action projects
- Monthly family Shabbat services
Religious School Registration must be turned in with Temple Akiba Membership forms. If you have already filled out a Temple Akiba Membership form, please use the form below.
Pay your Religious School Fees via our secure online form.
We look forward to having your child(ren) registered in Religious School for the coming year. If you have any questions, please call the Religious School Office (310) 398-5783 or email firstname.lastname@example.org